This parmesan is a staple in my fridge – I always a jar ready to go as I tend to sprinkle it on most of my dinner meals.
Feel free to make a larger quantity than the following – just keep the ratio of nuts to nutritional yeast at 4:1.
You can also experiment with different nuts – I used to love it made with cashews but have recently switched to using a mix of almonds, brazil nuts (a great source of the thyroid-supporting nutrient selenium) and cashews.
Makes enough for 1 jar
- 1 cup raw cashews, almonds or other nuts
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (20g) – you can pick this up at health food stores
- A pinch of salt or gomashio (a Japanese blend of salt and sesame seeds)
- Place the nuts, nutritional yeast and salt in the food processor and pulse until the mixture is crumbly
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge