First and foremost - I apologise profusely for my extended blogging hiatus, for which I can offer no explanation or excuse for (other than laziness) so please accept my apology, even though I can't promise it won't happen again. One of my lovely clients reminded me the other day how long it had been since I'd posted a recipe, so I whipped up this salad at the weekend to catch a snap of it, as it's something I eat all the time for lunch during the week, but it's usually in a hideous Tupperware container (and not blogable).
Many of my clients mention that they struggle with mid-week lunch ideas, so I think I'll do a series of at least 5 easy lunch recipes (but don't hold me to it, as I've already proven I can't be trusted to post anything with any regularity, but I'll try my best).
So, for the inaugural post in this series, I present to you my super quick and simple White Bean & Parsley Salad. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
White Bean & Parsley Salad
Makes 2 serves
- 1x 400g (14oz) tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (or 1 1/2 cups cooked cannellini beans)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or white quinoa*
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- A small handful of slivered almonds, sesame seeds and/or pepitas (pumpkin seeds). I used all 3
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- A drizzle of white tahini (hulled or unhulled, both are fine)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- This recipe is so easy it really doesn't require a whole method section. Just throw all the ingredients in a bowl, give it a good stir and enjoy.
*This is the minimum amount of carbs I'd recommend for two people (i.e. 1/2 cup cooked grain per person, which is about 25g carb each). If you're active, definitely add in some more carbs (at least 1 cup cooked each, which is 50g carb).