This is by far my favourite dessert recipe. The term ‘nice cream’ refers to non-dairy ice cream, because the dairy industry is inherently cruel and we, as humans, shouldn’t be consuming dairy products at all.
Anyway. I’m one of those annoying sweet-toothed people who *needs* something sweet after dinner and this is my current go-to, because it’s so nourishing and perfect in Summer. I keep a ridiculous quantity of frozen bananas stashed in my freezer, so if there’s ever some kind of nuclear or natural disaster, come round to my house/bunker and we’ll all be sustained for months on banana-ry goodness.
- 1 cup frozen berries (raspberries, blueberries, mixed berries or strawberries) - make sure they're Australian grown and organic if possible
- 1+ frozen peeled bananas
- 1-2 tbsp raw cacao powder to taste
- ¼-½ cup plant-based milk
- Optional toppings: raw cacao nibs, coconut flakes, goji berries, incaberries
- Place the raspberries and banana(s) in a food processor or high-speed blender and pulse until the banana and raspberries are chopped up small
- Add ¼ cup of the plant-based milk and process until it comes together - you may need to add up to 1/2 a cup to get this to happen
- Add 1 tbsp of the raw cacao powder and process. Taste the nice cream and if it's chocolate-y enough - scoop it out and serve it - if not, add another tbsp of cacao powder
- Serve the nice cream in a bowl and top it with whatever you like!