Scrambled tofu is a quick and easy breakfast for those who feel better with a higher-protein breakfast. You can also add a side of avocado, baked beans or wilted spinach if you like. I quite often have this as a quick and easy there’s-nothing-in-the-house dinner, as I’ve usually got a block of tofu in the fridge, and a few odds and ends of different vegetables I can throw in.
Ingredients (per serve):
-150g medium firm tofu
-1/4 cup water
-1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
-1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
-2 teaspoons nutritional yeast flakes
-Salt, pepper, cayenne pepper to taste
-Some diced vegetables, e.g. onion, carrot, celery, capsicum
1. In a bowl, mix the water, tamari, turmeric, nutritional yeast and seasonings. Whisk with a fork until combined.
2. Crumble the tofu into the bowl with your fingers. Stir to combine.
3. Heat a small frying pan over medium high heat, and add the tofu, marinade mix and any vegetables you're using.
4. Cook until crispy and golden (about 5 mins)
5. Serve with whatever you like, e.g. red rice (as pictured), avocado, baked beans, toast, cooked mushrooms, fresh tomato, wilted spinach...